The Ravenscroft varsity girls and boys track and field teams competed in the Triangle Independent Schools Athletic Conference Championships on Friday, May 11, and Saturday, May 12. Leading the way for the Ravens were Kirstin Debrah '20 and Alex Marchi '20 (pictured at right), who both won individual TISAC championships. The girls relay team, comprising Elise Playe '20, Cynthia Woodward '19, Samantha Driscoll '18 and Courtney Rea '19 (pictured below), set a new school record for the 4x800 relay with a time of 9:50.6, breaking the old record by 7 seconds.
TISAC Girls ChampionsHere are the top results for the Ravens:
- First place, 100-meter hurdles: Kirstin Debrah '20 (16.43)
- First place, 300-meter hurdles: Kirstin Debrah '20 (50.12)
- Third place, 100-meter dash: Kirstin Debrah '20 (13.19)
- Second place, 800-meter run: Courtney Rea '19 (2:24.57)
- Second place, 4x400 relay: Samantha Driscoll '18, Elise Playe '20, Courtney Rea '19, Cynthia Woodward '19 (4:22.59)
- Second place, 4x800 relay: Elise Playe '20, Samantha Driscoll '18, Cynthia Woodward '19, Courtney Rea '19 (9:50.6)
- Second place, long jump: Kirstin Debrah '20 (15-06.75)
- Third place, triple jump: Caroline Rutigliano '20 (31-05.00)
TISAC Boys Champions
- First place, triple jump: Alex Marchi '20 (41-07.50)
Top 3 Finishes, Boys
- Third place, 110-meter hurdles: Alex Marchi '20 (16.83)
- Second place, 300-meter hurdles: Alex Marchi '20 (43.49)
- Second place, shot put: Dominic Young-Smith '20 (38-04.00)
- Second place, discus: Ryan Miceli '18 (104-10)
- Third place, long jump: Alex Marchi '20 (19-09.25)
"This was a fantastic day for our team," Ravenscroft track and field coach Mike McConeghey said. "I'm very happy with the individual results of Alex and Kristin. They both stepped up and competed, as well as being great examples of the sportsmanship we expect from a Ravenscroft athlete. It is always a great experience to set a school record and get your name on our track results board. Our girls 4x800 team accomplished that for a third consecutive season. These girls truly gave it their best."
Please join us in congratulating all of the athletes on their very strong performances.
In addition, the teams will host the NCISAA 3A State Championships this Friday, May 18, and Saturday, May 19 on campus at Ravenscroft. Volunteers are needed to help run concessions; please visit the RAC Sign-Up Genius if you're available to help.