The Ravenscroft Athletic Department recognized the strong competitors on their middle school and junior varsity fall teams during an awards ceremony held in Jones Theatre Thursday, Nov. 2, 2017. Coaching staff also recognized outstanding sportsmanship among student-athletes on each team.
The Sportsmanship Award is voted on by each team and its coaches. It is given to the student-athlete who exemplifies all the qualities of a true Ravenscroft athlete, including being a pleasure to coach, striving for improvement, and contributing to the best of their ability as well as providing team leadership, instilling school spirit and pride, showing confidence in their teammates, and reflecting the truest definition of sportsmanship—fair play and character.
The following athletes are recipients of the 2017 Fall Sportsmanship Awards for middle school and junior varsity teams:
- David Gring '20, Junior Varsity Football
- Alex Marchi '20, Junior Varsity Boys Soccer
- Grey Alspaugh '22, Junior Varsity Boys Cross Country
- Zoe King '22, Junior Varsity Girls Cross Country
- Alexa Shaffer '22, Junior Varsity Field Hockey
- Rachel Mason '22, Junior Varsity Volleyball
- Bea Holdstock '22, Junior Varsity Girls Tennis
- Jessica Keim '22, Junior Varsity Cheerleading
- Connor Aschman '23, Middle School Boys Soccer
- Victoria Marciniak '23, Middle School Volleyball
"We are always excited to reflect back to applaud and review the efforts of our Non Varsity teams throughout each season. They represent the future of each of our programs, and it is important we are coaching and teaching them the skills, fundamentals and commitment that will allow them to compete successfully at the varsity level. In addition, we congratulate each athlete who is voted by their team as the Sportsmanship Winner by virtue of their performance, attitude and willingness to embrace team philosophy and the Ravenscroft mission of leadership," said Athletic Director Ned Gonet.