Congratulations to the five Ravenscroft spring athletes who were selected for the News & Observer's All-Metro teams, which recognize the area's strongest and most versatile student-athletes.
Capping an outstanding season in which the varsity boys golf team won the Triangle Independent Schools Athletic Conference (TISAC) Championship for the 12th consecutive season and took third in the North Carolina Independent Schools Athletic Association (NCISAA) finals, these players were named to the All-Metro Golf Team:
- Kenan Poole II '19: Although Kenan missed the NCISAA 3A state championships due to illness, he finished the season with a 37.1 stroke average per nine holes.
- Quinn Riley '18: Quinn won his second individual TISAC championship and was named the conference Player of the Year; he went on to tie for fourth place in the NCISAA 3As, shooting even-par. He was also recognized with All-State honors.
- Chase Tickle '18: Chase finished 11th in the NCISAA 3As, shooting 6-over at the state championships.
The varsity girls lacrosse team also took the TISAC Championship this season. These players were named All-Metro:
- Brooke Baker '20: A U.S. Lacrosse 2018 Girls High School All-American and All-State athlete, Brooke finished her season with 76 goals and 25 assists.
- RuthAnne Winston '18: RuthAnne scored 44 goals and made 29 assists during the season and received a U.S. Lacrosse 2018 Girls High School All-American Academic award and All-State honors.
Enjoy the N&O's article including photos of their All-Metro teams. Congratulations again to our athletes!