As the fall sports season wraps up, we are pleased to share the honors and awards our student-athletes have received in recognition of their hard work and dedication.
Outstanding Athletes Receive Conference Honors and More
These members of the Triangle Independent Schools Athletic Conference-championship soccer team received accolades for their outstanding season:
- All-State, All-Region, All-Conference and Conference Player of the Year: Oliver Sheikhli '21 (pictured, at left)
- TISAC All-Conference: Christian Welch '21, Christopher Glenn '22
- TISAC All-Conference Honorable Mention: Alex Jones '21, Dean Swift '21, Samuel Petrov '22
- North Carolina Soccer Coaches Association All-Region Team: Oliver Sheikhli '21, Christopher Glenn '22
- NCSCA All-Region Honorable Mention: Christian Welch '21
In addition, Dan Ressner '99, in his first year as head coach, was recognized by the NCSCA as their Region 1 4A Coach of the Year. "It's definitely an honor to receive this award, particularly since it was voted on by my fellow coaches, but for me all of the credit goes to my team. When I stepped into the varsity head coach role in August, I was lucky to have a talented, mature and motivated group of players to work with. Their desire to improve and compete every day made my job simple," Ressner said. "The team and I talk frequently about making memories, and I can say for sure that my first season as the head coach is full of special moments and people that I'll treasure forever."
Golfer Garland Gould '24 (pictured, at right) was recognized with All-State and All-Region honors. She and teammate Brooke Smith '22 received All-Conference nods as well.
Members of the varsity football team also received well-deserved recognition from the Big East Football Conference (All-State recipients will be announced Friday evening):
- First Team All-Conference: Julian Quao '21, Thomas Brown '21, Dean Swift '21, Kyle Morin '22, Drake Hamlin '22
- Second Team All-Conference: Gavin Mathan '21, Deacon Adams '23, William Stephenson '23, Owen Fincher '23
Ravenscroft Coaches Recognize Fall Athletes
Over the last several weeks, Athletics staff celebrated all fall-season athletes on the varsity, junior varsity and Middle School teams. In keeping with COVID-mitigation efforts on campus, the ceremonies were held by sport and took place in the A.E. Finley Activity Center's Main Arena.
Varsity coaches gave out three awards: Most Valuable, Most Improved and the Coaches Award. Here are the recipients of the Fall 2020 Varsity Awards:
Middle School and junior varsity coaches recognized one player per team with the Sportsmanship Award. Here are the recipients of the Fall 2020 Non-Varsity Awards:
Congratulations to the student-athletes recognized with these awards and their teammates, all of whom competed under the unusual circumstances of the season, including an abbreviated schedule and restrictions on spectators. Way to go, Ravens!