Ravenscroft art students won a total of 18 awards in the local level of The Women's Club of Raleigh and The Junior Women's Club of Raleigh 2018 Student Arts Festival. The annual competition for students in sixth through 12th grade includes categories for photography, crafts and visual arts.
"Ravenscroft students have always come out with top honors," said Middle School art teacher Roz Cooper. "In the last four years we have had two students win first place in the state level of the competition."
All first- and second-place winners continue to the district-level competition. Students who take top honors at districts will go on to the state level in March.
Congratulations to these talented students:
- Jasmine Tram '23: 1st place for Mosaic Design
- Rachel Mason '22: 1st place for Pen and Ink (Zentangle design) and 3rd place for Graphics (scratchboard design)
- Eric Belcea '22: 1st place for Graphics (scratchboard design), pictured above, and 2nd place for Pen and Ink Drawing (Zentangle design)
- Jane Atkeson '21: 1st place for Watercolor Design
- August Kushnir '24: 1st place for Colored Pencil Drawing and 3rd place for Graphite Pencil Drawing
- Sophia Hopper '24: 1st place for Mixed Media (Crayon Etching), pictured below
- Abbey McCuen '24: 1st place for Printmaking design
- Olivia Barefoot '22: 2nd place for Graphics (Scratchboard design), 2nd place for Watercolor Design and 3rd place for Watercolor Design
- Lilja Gundmundsson '24: 2nd place for Acrylic Painting
- Tul Cherukuri '24: 2nd place for Mixed Media (crayon etching)
- Grace McDaniel '24: 2nd place for Printmaking Design
- Brandon Sisson '22: 3rd place for Watercolor Design
- Kylie Scott '24: 3rd place for Printmaking Design