Private lessons are offered are an integral part of music study at Ravenscroft. Instruments included are violin (grade 1); strings (grades 2-12); piano (grades 1-12); woodwinds (grades 4-12); brass (grades 4-12); percussion (grades 9-12); and voice (grades 6-12).
Most lessons are 60, 70 or 80 minutes in length. Depending on grade level or instrument, lessons may be 30 or 45 minutes.
- When and how do I register for Private Lessons?
- When do I pay for Private Lessons?
- When do Private Lessons start?
- What is the difference between Private Lessons and Group Lessons, and which one should my child register for?
- Can my child take both Private and Group Strings Lessons?
- Why are there separate registration forms for Private and Group lessons?
Private lessons are fee-based, one-on-one lesson times with an instructor. They can move at a child's own pace and give the opportunity for focused, individual attention.
Group lessons are available at no charge and cannot be as individualized as private lessons. A more social experience, they provide students the ability to practice playing their instrument in a group setting. Group lessons are for violin, viola and cello, and typically offered to Lower School students only.