Ravenscroft offers private lessons in several different instruments for first through 12th graders. Instruments included are violin (grade 1); strings (grades 2-12); piano (grades 1-12); woodwinds (grades 4-12); brass (grades 4-12); percussion (grades 9-12); and voice (grades 6-12).
Depending upon grade level and instrument, most lessons are 60, 70 or 80 minutes in length.
While some lessons are 30 and 45 minutes in length, depending on grade level and instrument, most lessons are 60, 70 or 80 minutes long.
- When do I pay for Private Lessons?
- When do Private Lessons start
- What is the difference between Private Lessons and Group Lessons, and which one should my child register for?
- Can my child take both Private and Group Strings Lessons?
- Why are there separate registration forms for Private and Group lessons?
- When and how do I register for Private Lessons?
Private lessons are fee-based, one-on-one lesson times with an instructor. They can move at a child's own pace and give the opportunity for focused, individual attention.
Group lessons are available at no charge and cannot be as individualized as private lessons. A more social experience, they provide students the ability to practice playing their instrument in a group setting. Group lessons are for violin, viola and cello, and typically offered to Lower School students only.