Frequently Asked Questions
We have an exciting update! You can now find our Admissions team in the new Ravenscroft Welcome Center, located in the A.E. Finley Foundation building, 1151 Newton Road. The Ravenscroft Welcome Center will be a multipurpose space that will host a variety of activities, meetings and events while also serving as the location for our Admissions team, providing a warm, comfortable and inviting space for new and prospective families to learn more about us.
- What is the cost to attend Ravenscroft?
- Is there an age cut-off for students applying to Pre-K or kindergarten?
- Does Ravenscroft accept the North Carolina Opportunity Scholarships?
- Does Ravenscroft accept applications from international students?
- Does Ravenscroft provide transportation?
- What is the average class size?
- Does Ravenscroft provide financial assistance?
- How can I receive information about Ravenscroft?
- What grades do you accept applications?
- What colleges/universities have Ravenscroft graduates been accepted to recently?
- Where is the Admissions Office located?
- What are the school hours? Does Ravenscroft provide an After School program?
- How can I apply to Ravenscroft?
- What is required to apply for admissions?
- What do you look for in an applicant?
Tuition for the school year 2017-2018 is:
Prekindergarten Plus (8 a.m. - 3 p.m.) $11,325
Kindergarten (8 a.m. - 3 p.m.) $14,440
Grade 1 $19,770
Grades 2 - 5 $20,560
Grades 6 - 12 $23,445
In addition to tuition, there is a one-time-only New Family Capital Fee of $1,500. A “new family” is defined as one who does not have or has not had a child currently enrolled in this School. Ravenscroft Alumni families will be exempt from the New Family Capital Fee.
Other expenses may include transportation, lunches, private lessons, Academic Skills, global travel, fine arts travel, books/school supplies, after-school care or extra-curricular activities. Included in tuition is the cost of curricular trips. Curricular trips are defined as trips that enhance the curriculum and include the entire grade. Ravenscroft students in Grades 6-12 are provided a Chromebook from our Technology Department, which is included in the cost of tuition. Upper School students have the option to bring their own device and opt-out-of the Chromebook program. See Full Tuition Page
Ravenscroft partners exclusively with New Oasis International Education for 9th grade applicants that need an I-20 student visa. Families must apply for admissions through New Oasis International Education if their child needs an I-20 student visa to study at Ravenscroft. We do not offer an ESL (English as a Second Language) program. It is absolutely necessary that a student be fluent and literate in English as full English fluency is required for all course material. We do not have a home-stay program or boarding, nor do our students live with guardians.
To support our families and provide the greater Triangle Area with convenient access to Ravenscroft, we are pleased to offer bus transportation services. Questions? If you would like more information about our transportation services, please contact our Admissions Office at (919) 848-6470 or send us an email.
Yes! Ravenscroft awards over $2 million in financial assistance annually to students in Pre-K through 12th grades. We are committed to offering grant-based financial aid to families with demonstrated financial need. While financial assistance is available to qualifying families, it is our policy and our expectation that everyone attending Ravenscroft shares in the financial responsibility of the cost of the education. You can learn more about applying for financial aid at Ravenscroft here.
Ravenscroft is a college preparatory school. Experienced college counselors have a great success rate matching students with appropriate “right fit” colleges and universities. You can learn more about where our recent graduates have gone here.
Ravenscroft School Hours:
Pre-K: 8 a.m. to noon; Pre-K Plus: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Kindergarten - Grade 5: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Grades 6 - 12: 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Early Morning Care: 7:15 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.
Pre-K through Grade 5: 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Grades 6 through 8: 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Families must complete and submit the Admission Application online in the Admissions Portal. Deadlines to complete the admissions application: January 5th (Pre-K & Kindergarten) and January 31st (1st-12th grades). You can begin the application process here.
Our objective is to admit well-rounded students who are academically prepared and motivated and would contribute positively to our school’s community. All completed applications are reviewed by the Admissions Committee to determine whether there is an appropriate match between the student and the School. The Admissions Committee will consider the following factors:
- The applicant's developmental readiness or level of academic achievement
- Evidence of applicant's potential for success in the School's college-preparatory program
- Evaluation of the applicant's personal qualities and ability to adjust to school and community life
- Evidence of parental cooperation and support