Our educational process is student-centered and not limited by the walls of the classroom.
There are many roads to success, and we strive to help our Upper School students discover their own unique talents and ambitions. One of the hallmarks of a Ravenscroft education is that our students graduate remarkably well-prepared for college. But it’s not all about the outcome - it’s about the journey and what we learn and discover along the way.
Our academic program is comprehensive.
- 35 AP courses and 35 Honors courses are available including Chemistry and Physics C (Mechanics).
- Many electives to choose from, including Creative Writing, Honors seminar in Critical Philosophy, Global Issues, Sports Medicine, Honors Computer Science, Honors Engineering and Marine Science.
- In a one-to-one environment, all students use technology, including Google Apps for Education, to help facilitate collaborative learning.
- Latin, Mandarin and Spanish are the core languages offered to our students, with opportunities to study Ancient Greek and Linguistics.
Students can tailor their Upper School journey based on their interests and passions.
- Dozens of student-led clubs to choose from, including Key Club, Math NC, Billiards Club, RavensCode and Girls Advancing in STEM.
- Student-run award winning literary magazine The Living Hand.
- For students interested in topics beyond our curriculum, independent study opportunities in the Junior and Senior years allow students to pursue their passions. Past examples include Organic Chemistry, Discrete Math and Game Design.
Advisory program fosters personal growth and builds community while students navigate the high school experience.
- Faculty advisors help guide each student's journey by facilitating the advisory curriculum including Lead From Here, advising course selection and through informal mentoring.
- Students develop a strong bond within their advisory cohort over four years through service projects, advisory lunch, team events such as Stark Raven Madness and 85 minutes of scheduled time together per 8-day cycle.
- Three scheduled advisor/parent/student conferences per year to discuss the student's academic progress, extracurricular involvement and social/emotional well-being.
College Counseling is part of the package.
- Three experienced college counselors who connect with students helping each find the college that best matches the student’s desires and capabilities.
- Four-year college counseling program equips students and families with the skills and confidence to make an informed decision.
- Regular small group student programs and one-on-one meetings give students the additional time and space to ask questions and learn more from our college counselors about the college application process.
"My experience at Ravenscroft has allowed me to realize my full potential as a student and an athlete. Through the tremendous support of my teachers and coaches, I have developed not only in these areas, but also as a person. I know I will be able to take all of the skills and lessons I have learned through my time here and apply them in the real world."
- Upper School Student '18