Middle School is an entry point and a bridge.
The Middle School builds on the student-centered learning environment, grounded by Ravenscroft's mission and legacy of excellence. Students in 6th through 8th grade hone skills of resilience and growth-mindedness as they face new challenges inside and outside of the classroom. Students learn to navigate the new level of independence and autonomy that Middle School provides.
In our small community, everyone is known and appreciated.
- There is a place here for everyone.
- Small advisory groups and classes foster close and beneficial relationships.
- Friendships are forged that can last a lifetime.
- Students receive instruction by highly-trained faculty who engage in professional development opportunities to stay abreast of best practice and teaching methodologies and pedagogy through national and local workshops.
Classes are tailored to individual interests.
- Students are on an eight-day rotating schedule, which means longer classes each day that result in a more in-depth study of individual disciplines with a greater emphasis on application of knowledge and skills.
- We have a challenging academic program with core classes in the areas of Humanities Language Arts, Math, Science, History/Social Studies and World Language that is developmentally appropriate and meets students' needs.
- Student-centered learning that is inquiry based.
- Daily tutorials, study halls and Math labs are available to students who need some additional time to process.
Our choice of electives is comprehensive.
- STEM+ courses are available at many levels.
- Hands-on work in the MakerSpace. Students are exposed to physics and engineering projects, such as creating a medieval catapult or a high heel shoe that can be worn and walked in.
- Class options that develop student passions in Speech and Debate, Video Editing, Art Journaling, Folklore, Lego Robotics, Computer Science I and II, Engineering I and II, Digital Communications, Science Olypiad, Think it! Design it! Make It! I and II.
The world opens to our students.
- Language courses are introduced early, with a variety of options such as Mandarin, Spanish and Latin.
- Global studies are explored across the different areas of discipline.
- International and domestic travel opportunities provide students with exposure to culture, language immersion and history while highlighting areas of civic engagement.
- Service learning throughout the year is imbedded into the curriculum, including the 8th grade Capstone Project, Ravens in Action.
"Ravenscroft has taught me so much. I've learned how to manage my time and am constantly encouraged to pursue my passions."
- Middle School Student