Meet Our Head of School
Mrs. Doreen Kelly leads the Leadership Team of Ravenscroft School and has been Head of School since July 2003. She joined the Ravenscroft faculty in July 1999 as the Director of the Lower School. Mrs. Kelly is a Board Certified (BCC) Executive Leadership Coach.
Mrs. Kelly graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's degree in English and a Master's degree in Education. She also studied for two years at Villanova University.
Prior to joining Ravenscroft, she served as Upper School Director of Studies, Head of Middle School, English teacher and volleyball coach over a 10-year career at Trinity-Pawling School, an all-boys boarding/day school in Pawling, N.Y. Prior to her responsibilities at Trinity-Pawling School, she taught English as a Second Language for two years at D'Education Populaire, France.
- Trustee - NCAIS
- Faculty - NAIS Institute for New Heads
- Mentor - NAIS Aspiring Head's Program
- Member and Chair for evaluation teams for SAIS
- Member - Southern Headmasters' Association
- Trustee - Spoleto Study Abroad
- Trustee - Note in the Pocket (a non-profit organization providing clothing and dignity to impoverished and homeless children in Wake County
- Trustee – SAIS Accreditation Committee
- Faculty – SAIS New Teacher Institute
- Faculty - Santé Fe Leadership Institute
- District Leader – The Heads Network, founded as National Association of Principals of Schools for Girls, which includes co-ed schools
- Faculty member for the Administrative Leadership Seminar for Women
Mrs. Kelly and her husband, Chris, have three children. Their daughter, Erin, attends Elon and plays volleyball. Their second son, Sean, serves as a Media Coach for The Social Institute and is married to Raven’s alum Melis Tanik ‘10. Their oldest son, Ryan (a professional basketball player) and his wife Lindsay Cowher Kelly ‘09 live around the world with their two children. Mrs. and Mr. Kelly reside on campus.