Ravens win gold for their “idea to reform the nursing home inspection system in North Carolina.” An idea, according to the official press release, that would potentially save taxpayers $14 million per year.
Apply: Asst. Head of School for Academic Affairs
At Ravenscroft, our academic program is both broad and deep, offering remarkable range and opportunities for our students. We foster intellectual, artistic, and athletic inquiry built on hands-on experimentation and active practice with a global perspective. We cultivate the development of critical thinking and problem-solving skills, competencies that are the heart of an exceptional education and a successful life and career.
We are seeking an Assistant Head of School for Academic Affairs who:
- Aspires to be a future Head of School and who possesses the desire and willingness to be mentored by a very experienced team.
- Has skills to assist the Head of School in providing the institutional vision, organization, management and follow-through to lead and effectively manage the day-to-day operations for Ravenscroft’s PreK-12 educational program.
- Has a demonstrated commitment to academic excellence and appreciation for differentiated instruction.
- Has proven success as an educator in independent schools.
- Has a passion for cultivating citizen leadership in our students, faculty and families.
- Is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment where all members of our community feel known, cared for and are positioned to thrive.
- Has a high emotional quotient combined with positive energy and can effectively manage relationships with our students, faculty, staff and families with sensitivity and compassion.
- Is a thoughtful innovator who can determine what we do well and where we can improve then lead us through well-paced change (while also understanding we aren’t interested in change for change’s sake).
- Is able to embrace our spiritual legacy. Founded as an Episcopal parish school in 1862 and becoming nonsectarian in 1966, Ravenscroft embraces our Judeo-Christian heritage and respects the religious beliefs of each individual.
- Be comfortable assisting the Head of School and others in our Chapel/Gathering Programs.
Since 1862, Ravenscroft has a long tradition of educating students and preparing them for college as well as life's challenges. It is with the support and guidance provided by so many leaders within the Ravenscroft community that the School has prospered into one of the finest pre-kindergarten through grade twelve independent schools in the southern United States.
Character and creativity are cultivated at Ravenscroft through our comprehensive and award-winning Fine Arts program. Fine Arts begin on Day 1, with all kindergarteners taking violin lessons. From then on, the music, theater and visual arts choices are enormous. Our students have written plays, performed locally and internationally in music ensembles, participated in various thespian festivals, and won prestigious awards in regional and state competitions.
We believe our students’ physical well-being is as important as their intellectual growth. Starting in preK, physical activity- both in the classroom and at recess, and in regular physical education classes- is a key part of most days for students. By seventh grade, students can try out for one of our 25 sports and 53+ teams. It’s about learning cooperation and common purpose; training the body and the mind; teaching us about life.
Our global education and experiences are woven into all of our divisions and includes academic studies, cultural immersion, language proficiency and service learning. Starting in prek, and throughout the entire journey, students are exposed to language and cultural development. Ravenscroft develops in our students a global perspective and the valuable skills needed to take their place in a world built on inter-connectivity and international awareness.