(Dads and Daughters and Sons)
We are committed to the belief that positive, engaged relationships with our daughters and sons change lives for the better. We actively seek growth in our own knowledge and in our relationships with our children. We want our children to KNOW that we stand with them as they make decisions and grow as people.
- Develop lasting relationships of love and trust with our children.
- Teach honor, respect and dignity for others, self (what do we do when no one is looking?).
- Encourage our children to dream and pursue their passions in life.
- Help our children feel worthy of being loved and accepted as they are. Talk through decision-making processes with our children: we make decisions all day, every day.
- Teach our children self-advocacy, self-protection, and refusal skills, particularly in regards to the use of drugs and alcohol. Help them develop more secure self-esteem.
- Learn about the development of our children's brains and participate in the growth of their value systems.
- Change some of our own behaviors and conversations – become better role models thru our actions (vs. words of advice).
- Stand with our families in ways they feel our interest and support.