Five Ravens Sign National Letters of Intent
Posted 11/12/2008 01:28PM
Ravenscroft student-athletes signed National Letters of Intent on the first day
of the official early signing period that runs Nov. 12- 19.Click here to see a slideshow of images on wral.com.
- Bo Andrews, Golf, Georgia Tech - Andrews is ranked by Ping as one of the top 65 high school golfers in the nation. In addition to helping the Ravens win three of the last four State Championship titles, Bo is a two-time individual TISAC Conference Champion and multiple-time All-Conference pick. He finished the 2008 season ranked second in the state in private school golf.Bo has also won four events on the prestigious American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) tour during his career.
- Lindsay Cowher, Basketball, Wofford College - Cowher, a 6-2 forward, averaged 15.9 points and 8.1 rebounds as a junior. She was a 2008 NCISAA 3-A All-State selection and a 2008 TISAC All-Conference pick. Cowher helped lead the Ravens to the 2008 TISAC Conference Championship and a berth in the NCISAA 3-A State Championship Semifinals.
- Ryan Kelly, Basketball, Duke University - Kelly, a 6-10 power forward, is ranked by scout.com as the #3 power forward and #11 overall player in the Class of 2009. In July, Kelly was a starter for the USA Men's Basketball U18 Team that won a silver medal at the FIBA AmericasU18Championshipin Formosa, Argentina. As a junior at Ravenscroft, he was named the 2007 TISAC Conference Player of the Year, averaging 23.7 points, 8 rebounds and 4 blocks per game.
- Zach McGinnis, Swimming, University of Kentucky - McGinnis, who specializes in the 100 and 200-yard backstroke and 100 and 200-yard freestyle, has helped lead the Ravens boys swim team to three TISAC Conference Championships. At the 2008 NCISAA 3-A State Championships, McGinnis recorded a third-place finish in the 100-yard backstroke and a fifth-place finish in the 200-yard freestyle. He also was a member of the second-place 200-yard freestyle relay and fourth-place 200-yard medley relay.
- Matt Wilson, Basketball, UNC-Wilmington - Wilson, a 6-11 center, averaged 6.8 points and 4.2 rebounds per game as a junior. He was also named to the 2008 TISAC All-Conference team.