Upper School Counselor
Ravenscroft School is an independent coeducational day school offering a broad curriculum in the liberal arts. Founded in 1862, the school enrolls 1250 students in grades pre-kindergarten through twelve who demonstrate high standards of character and conduct as well as the capability of achieving success in a rigorous academic program.
The Ravenscroft School: "The Ravenscroft community, guided by our legacy of excellence, nurtures individual potential and prepares students to thrive in a complex and interdependent world."
This is a full-time position starting August, 2011.
Responsibilities: The Upper School Counselor will join a well-established team of educators at Ravenscroft. The counselor will be a member of the Guidance department and will report to the Head of Upper School and the Department Chair. Essential duties include:
- Personal counseling of individual students and students in groups
- Consulting with parents and teachers
- Functioning as a resource for US faculty and staff
- Coordinating the Advisory Program; develop and oversee the Advisory Program; set and publize the Advisory calendar
- Maintaining confidential student records
- Coordinating Parent/Family Education Programs
- Serving as a liaison for community referral resources
- Testing and test interpretation
- Professional Involvement
- Serving as a member of the Guidance and Counseling Department coordinating with other counselors of the School
- Functioning as a part of the Upper School Leadership Team
Qualifications: Candidate should possess excellent organizational and communication skills. Especially important is the ability to protect confidentiality in all matters. The candidate should have demonstrated experience in a school setting working with adolescents and their parents – including teaching, counseling, and developing student or parent education programs. Masters Degree in School Counseling, Counseling Psychology, or School Psychology is required.
Candidates should also possess excellent computer skills; tact in dealing with people at all levels; success working with students and colleagues in and outside of the classroom, and leadership ability. The candidate must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.T
Salary/Benefits: Ravenscroft School is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding employees through a compensation plan that compares favorably with those of regional peer schools. A full benefits package includes TIAA/CREF retirement and generous medical/dental coverage, and equals the best plans in Independent School.Application Process:
Ravenscroft only accepts inquiries of interest and resumes via the School website. Inquiries of interest may be submitted through the Upper School Counselor Interest Form
. Ravenscroft School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.