Upper School Counselor
Ravenscroft School is an independent coeducational day school offering a broad curriculum in the liberal arts. Founded in 1862, the school enrolls 1250 students in grades pre-kindergarten through twelve who demonstrate high standards of character and conduct as well as the capability of achieving success in a rigorous academic program.
The Ravenscroft School: "The Ravenscroft community, guided by our legacy of excellence, nurtures individual potential and prepares students to thrive in a complex and interdependent world."
This is a full-time position starting August, 2011.
Responsibilities: The Upper School Counselor will join a well-established team of educators at Ravenscroft. The counselor will be a member of the Guidance department and will report to the Head of Upper School and the Department Chair. Essential duties include:
- Personal counseling of individual students and students in groups
- Consulting with parents and teachers
- Functioning as a resource for US faculty and staff
- Coordinating the Advisory Program; develop and oversee the Advisory Program; set and publize the Advisory calendar
- Maintaining confidential student records
- Coordinating Parent/Family Education Programs
- Serving as a liaison for community referral resources
- Testing and test interpretation
- Professional Involvement
- Serving as a member of the Guidance and Counseling Department coordinating with other counselors of the School
- Functioning as a part of the Upper School Leadership Team
Qualifications: Candidate should possess excellent organizational and communication skills. Especially important is the ability to protect confidentiality in all matters. The candidate should have demonstrated experience in a school setting working with adolescents and their parents – including teaching, counseling, and developing student or parent education programs. Masters Degree in School Counseling, Counseling Psychology, or School Psychology is required.
Candidates should also possess excellent computer skills; tact in dealing with people at all levels; success working with students and colleagues in and outside of the classroom, and leadership ability. The candidate must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.T
Salary/Benefits: Ravenscroft School is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding employees through a compensation plan that compares favorably with those of regional peer schools. A full benefits package includes TIAA/CREF retirement and generous medical/dental coverage, and equals the best plans in Independent School.Application Process: Ravenscroft only accepts inquiries of interest and resumes via the School website. Inquiries of interest may be submitted through the Upper School Counselor Interest Form. Ravenscroft School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.