Lead From Here
About the Middle School
The Middle School offers an innovative, student-centered learning environment, grounded by Ravenscroft's mission and legacy of excellence. Students in grades 6 through 8 hone skills of resilence and growth-mindedness as they face new challenges inside and outside of the classroom. With the guidance of dedicated faculty and advisors, students learn to navigate the new level of independence and autonomy that Middle School provides.
Through our advisory program, service learning activities and the incorporation of Ravenscroft's Lead from Here initiative, Middle School students develop self-awareness and leadership skills, while learning to collaborate and work with others in a meaningful way, fostering an environment of respect and inclusion.
The culture of Middle School is centered around being a community of honor. We promote a safe learning environment, while encouraging students to take appropriate academic risks. Students are challenged to try new activities, helping them to embrace possibilities for success. Each of our teachers, grade level deans, counselor and staff get to know middle school students as individuals and work together to ensure students in our community gain the skills needed to reach their potential and thrive as citizen-leaders in our complex and interdependent world.
Our academic program includes:
- an eight-day rotating schedule - longer classes each day result in a more in-depth study of individual disciplines with a greater emphasis on application of knowledge and skills.
- a challenging academic program with core classes in the areas of English/language arts, math, science, history/social studies and World Language that is developmentally appropriate and meets students' needs.
- an extensive elective program with courses in the fields of STEM+, Fine Arts, and Humanities.
- international and domestic travel opportunities that provide students with exposure to culture, language immersion, and history while highlighting areas of civic engagement.
- instruction by highly-trained faculty who frequently engage in professional development opportunities to stay abreast of best practice and teaching methodologies and pedagogy through national and local workshops.
Middle School Leadership Team & Staff
|1 - 10 of 10|
|1 - 10 of 10|